Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Soft Cinna-Ginger Cookies

Sorta like snickerdoodles, but different texture. Much better for you anyway! My kids said they should be called "The Goodest Cookies in the World."

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1/2 c. butter, softenened
1 c. honey
2 eggs
3 tsp vanilla

Beat all together in one bowl.

3-1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (soft white wheat), give or take
3 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

Mix together in another bowl.

Add dry to wet and mix. Put on saran wrap and roll into a log. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Grease cookie sheet or put parchment paper on. Cut dough into circles 1/2" thick. Bake 8-10 minutes.

3 comments:

Mary Liechty said...

Hey Molly, Do you mind if I put some of your recipes on my blog?

Mary

Mom of 7 said...

Sure, go for it.

BTW, on this recipe, it's possible that you need to add baking powder or soda. It's not listed on the ingredient list and I don't remember if I added any, but you usually do have that in cookies!

Myra said...

Hi Molly,

I made these cookies and added three things:

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

They were good!