Thursday, January 29, 2009

Roast Soup

I almost called this stew, but it's probably a soup. Maybe I should call it a stewp. Whatever you call it, it's a good way to use leftover roast when you don't have enough for BBQ beef or taquitos.

1 TBS butter
1 med onion, chopped or pureed
1-1/2 c. chopped carrots
1 c. chopped celery
4 large russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
1-2 c. leftover shredded roast
8 c. beef broth (or thereabouts)
salt & pepper
garlic powder or garlic salt

Melt butter in a large pot. Saute onion, carrots & celery until onions are soft. Add potatoes. Pour in broth, making sure you have enough to cover everything and then some. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until potatoes are soft. Use a stick blender to thicken the soup, leaving potato & veggie chunks if desired. Add the roast last, and season with salt, pepper and/or garlic powder/salt.

2 comments:

Lana said...

So, Molly, I had not idea you have a blog! I am excited that we can now be blog buddies. YOur recipe for sheperd's pie looks yummy, I'll have to have Kris cook that for me. Heheh.

Mom of 7 said...

Yup, it's a boring ol' recipe blog, mainly so I don't lose them. :)

And ya, kris should whip that up for you when you've got lotsa leftovers! Sometimes I make extra leftovers just so I can make shepherd's pie.